From reception, children stay at school for their midday meal. Aspens Services Ltd provide us with fantastic quality school dinners at the price of £2.35 per day. Why not give them a try?
They are really tasty and great value for money. Menus are varied with a vegetarian option every day. They operate a three week menu system: please see the Autumn /Spring menu HERE:
Please see information from Aspens HERE.
And now under the Universal infant free school meal scheme, all the children in Reception, Y1 and Y2 are entitled to free school meals, irrespective of any benefits you may or may not be claiming. However, we ask that parents of children in Y1 and Y2 still apply for free meals for their child, as the school gets extra funding in the form of pupil premium, for those children who are eligible. Please click HERE to apply.
Coventry Primary schools can be part of your change for life and will help children have a healthier future. They meet all the latest Government Nutritional Standards. The following rules apply –
- Salad, fresh fruit and hot vegetables are available with every meal. Children can help themselves to as much fresh salad and bread as they want.
- Chilled water, semi-skimmed milk and fruit juices are always available.
- Puddings contain healthy ingredients like fruit and oats.
- Deep fried food, salt, sugar and manufactured meat products are restricted.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are a statutory benefit. The Government does not allow us to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned below. If you are not sure, please contact the school office for more information.
It is really important for our school that any family whose children may be entitled to receive a free school meal registers, even if parents choose to send a packed lunch at dinner time. This is because the school receives a large extra sum of money directly from central government each year for every eligible child. You can read more about how we have used this Pupil Premium money to benefit children at our school by clicking HERE.
Free school meals are available to children of families who are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less that 16 hours per week (please seek advice about this from the Benefits Agency)
- Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive Free School Meals.
In cases where children receive education who have not attained compulsory school age, there will be a conditional requirement that they receive education both before and after the lunch period, before being eligible to receive Free School Meals.
Working Tax Credit is NOT a criteria
Click HERE to apply for free school meals